Shakespeare im Park: Elves and Errors
In cooperation with Hotel Schloss Leopoldskron
Shakespeare sends the confused and the confusing into the great outdoors – and we are following in their tracks. Rosalind and Celia, Phebe and Silvius, Miranda and Ferdinand are in love and very much perplexed; Ariel and Prospero, Oberon and Puck play their tricks and add to everyone’s confusion. The characters seem familiar, but just what Shakespeare play are they from? You are quite right to wonder: the play is called “Elves and Errors” – and it is from the pen of Shakespeare, even though the Bard himself never wrote it like that…
For our latest excursion to the park of Schloss Leopoldskron, Carl Philip von Maldeghem has recombined Shakespearean scenes. Characters from Shakespeare’s “The Tempest”, “As You Like It” and “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” meet with enamoured pilgrims and others figures in the thralls of love, longing and lust, inspiring great performances by the acting ensemble. A highly entertaining “best of Shakespeare” that comes with a picnic and a beautiful walk!
- A picnic basket can be purchased with the ticket.
The empty baskets are accepted at the exit.
- Picnic baskets are available at the box office according to availability. For children the content is modified.
- The consumption of food and drinks brought along is unfortunately not possible.
- Due to the limited number of parking spaces we recommend using public transport.
- We recommend sturdy footwear for the parks. The path through the park is not paved.
|Ticket adults||32 €|
|Ticket children||16 €|
|Picnic basket for 2 adults||35 €|
|Picnic basket for 1 adult||25 €|
|Picnic basket for 1 child||15 €|
Content picnic basket for adults:
Prosecco, water, ciabatta, Mediterranean vegetables with baby mozzarella and basil pesto, prosciutto with olives and parmesan shavings, berry mascarpone cream
Content picnic basket for children:
apple juice, 1 roll with ham, 1 roll with cheese, berry mascarpone cream, 1 apple
Director Carl Philip von Maldeghem
Prospero Christoph Wieschke